Ermias Kebreab, Ph.D.
- Sesnon Endowed Chair in Sustainable Animal Agriculture
- Deputy Director, Agricultural Sustainability Institute
- Associate Dean of Global Engagement, UC Davis College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
- Director, UC Davis World Food Center
Phone: 530 752 5907 Fax: (530) 752-0175
- B.S., Biology, University of Asmara, Eritrea, 1987
- M.S., Integrative biology, University of Reading, UK, 1991
- Ph.D., Ecological modeling, University of Reading, UK, 1998
- Whole system approach to quantifying greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture. Mathematical modeling and mitigation of emissions from animals, manure and soil.
- Development of energy and nutrient utilization/requirement models in cattle, swine and poultry
- Sustainable agriculture, in particular animal production in relation to environmental sustainability.
Affiliation – Agricultural Sustainability Institute